Friday, May 23, 2008

Beaver Dam Pseudo HDR


Beaver Dam Pseudo HDR
Originally uploaded by Photographyco
Hello everyone, I just started testing some HDR software and taking bracketed images to play around with this type of technique.

There are a good number of software packages to create HDR images and do Tone Mapping, but so far I've tried using Photomatix and I also tried Dynamic-PhotoHDR.

I personally like teh Dynamic PhotoHDR software better. It is easier to use and it has allowed me to create Pseudo HDR photos. From Single images that had been sitting on my computer for sometime. It allows you to use a single Raw image or JPG.

I had been curious about this technique for some time, but last Monday I meet Ferrell McCollough. He has been doing HDR photography for quite some time and has recently published a really good book called the Complete Guide to High Dynamic Range Digital Photography. It is an an awesome book and you can also check out his website at Before the Coffee

I certainly enjoy this technique and hope you like it also.

No comments: